October 13-14, 2022 | Washington, D.C. | George Washington University
CESUN will hold its annual business meeting at the George Washington University on October 13-14, 2022. The main meeting is by invite only and limited to institutional representatives. Concurrent with the business meeting, we will host two public panels.
The first panel on October 13th, 3-4:30pm EDT (Click to Register)
will focus on Trustworthy AI in Systems
and feature government experts:
- Andrew Lacher (NASA Chief Technologist for Future Airspace Operations),
- Dr. Benjamin Harvey (Founder and CEO of AI Squared, previously Chief of Operations Data Science at NSA)
- Cherilyn Pascoe (Senior Technology Policy Advisor at NIST)
Panelists will share the opportunities and risks for increased AI adoption in their complex problem domains.
Register for Panel 1: Trustworthy AI in Systems
The second panel on October 14th, 9-10:30am EDT (Click to Register)
will focus on System Resilience
and feature experts:
- Alice Hill (Council on Foreign Relations Senior Fellow),
- Kenya Troutman (DC Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency, Resilient DC Program Leader),
- Stratos Tavoulareas (Energy Advisor, former Lead for Global Power at the IFC)
- Dr. Costa Samaras (Principal Assistant Director for Energy, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy)
Panelists will discuss risks, consequences, and responses to interacting systems as well as how we might enable resilience against catastrophic risks, including both climate and human induced threats.
Register for Panel 2: System Resilience